The Cochise County RIC has funded multiple mini grants over the past year. Grants that were awarded have been widely distributed across the County and have included many organizations/individuals that have not previously received funding from us. Additionally, the Cochise County RIC was able to support the Bisbee Science Lab which was recognized in September of 2019 as “Non Profit of the Year” in Cochise County.
What is coming up?
The Cochise County RIC hired Melanie Greene from “M. Greene Planning and Resource Development” to facilitate a discussion on developing a strategic planning process to assure that efforts to promote STEM activities in Cochise County continue after the NSF grant ends. Members set aside four hours on November 7, 2019 to devote to this effort. Strategies developed included focusing on Outreach, Programs and Projects, Administration and Organizational Development.
What is the priority of the Cochise County Rural Innovation Council (RIC)?
The group is committed to supporting programs that contribute to the sustainability of the rural communities in Cochise County. They work with these communities to develop partnerships with community organizations, fund projects designed to address priority needs, and contribute to the sustainability of each community. It is their aim to support organizations, programs and projects that are addressing an identified priority and/or a community issue/need in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
What are some of the Application Guidelines?
- Requests should be for less than $10,000. Typically, awards are between $1000 and $5,000.
- Grants are reimbursable. Project must be funded and then receipts submitted for review and reimbursement.
- Projects are to be completed and reimbursement remitted within the fiscal year (October-September) of the grant award.
- Each applicant must submit a current IRS W-9 form including Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.
- Each applicant must complete and submit the Project Budget.
- Each project/event is subject to the National Science Foundation Evaluation
- Projects cannot supplant existing programs/events or be conducted during official school days for educational institutions
- Grant recipients will be asked to digitally document the events and projects for the RIC PR committee
Grants can be accessed by going to: http://4azrain.com